Terms and conditions of viewing our sites
This is your agreement with us, Jack Yan & Associates, when visiting
this and sites under our control.
In this agreement, ‘Jack Yan & Associates’ includes all Jack Yan & Associates businesses, including JY&A Consulting, JY&A Fonts, and JY&A Media, and their properties. ‘Jack Yan & Associates sites’ or its affiliated sites include, but are not limited to, the jyanet.com domain, Autocade, Lucire, Lucire Rouge, Lucire Men, and jackyan.com. Affiliated sites do not include linked sites or any site outside the control of Jack Yan & Associates. Reviewed July 9, 2022.
• We don’t know anything about you unless you tell us.
• When you tell us stuff (like signing up with your email address) we ultimately store that offline, not on the cloud.
• When you comment on our sites, we don’t see your IP address.
• We don’t have a Google Analytics account so we don’t collect stuff on our sites for that.
• However, the businesses we work with might get data on you without us knowing because we’ve used their programs or plug-ins. We’ve tried to work with companies in countries with stricter data laws, e.g. our feedback forms are with Aida in Germany.
• We have ads on some of our sites, and they might pick up info about you (e.g. through cookies). They don’t share this info with us. We recommend you opt out of ad networks setting cookies on your system (for example, click here, here or here). We also recommend you opt out of Google Analytics tracking you.
• More details are below.
• We are responsible only for information about and concerning Jack Yan & Associates' own products and services.
• We endeavour to keep the information about and concerning Jack Yan & Associates, its products, and services, current. However, you agree that there may be cases where updates may not have been posted to this or affiliated sites, or that a cached copy of an earlier version of a page could be served.
• In all other circumstances and instances, we are not responsible for the information, editorial, advertising, products and services on this and affiliated internet sites. They are provided on the condition that Jack Yan & Associates disclaims all warranties, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
• We do not necessarily endorse the information, editorial, advertising, products and services on sites which we link to. At the time of linking these other sites, our reviewers believed that they were suitable and any descriptions provided were accurate. However, we do not know when their content or presentation changes.
• You acknowledge that our details of pricing and other information about off-site products are current only at the time the file was originally published and may not be current at the time you click through the off-site link.
• We will make our best endeavours to answer email and feedback posted to us within seven days. However, this is not a guarantee that your email or feedback will be answered in that period.
• Linking and linkbacks to other sites (which are not part of
Jack Yan & Associates, its sites, and its affiliated sites) do
not constitute any form of endorsement, joint venture, cooperation or alliance
between the linked sites.
Email and feedback
• You agree not to send unsolicited email to the addresses linked from this site, either manually, or automatically through the use of email address collection programs or automated email sending programs. You agree that such actions can lead to Jack Yan & Associates taking legal action against you. You agree that regular monetary remedies are insufficient to cover the breach of these terms and conditions.
• You agree not to learn, compile or otherwise retain the email addresses on this site for illegal and unethical purposes. These purposes include misrepresenting yourself as their owner, mentioning them anywhere in unsolicited email, or sending unsolicited email to them.
• You agree to refrain from using coarse language in any communications
with the email addresses linked from this site, and in the feedback
Use of information and intellectual property
• We do not assign any copyright to any visitor to use our trademarks, logos, images, content, designs or other copyrighted material (hereafter ‘intellectual property’) on this site and affiliated sites without written permission.
• You agree not to take any intellectual property from this or affiliated sites without permission, for any purpose, including saving to your hard drive for personal use, modification, deconstruction, or republishing on another site. We permit exceptions when intellectual property is taken for the purposes of news reporting, education and other defences to breaches of copyright listed under the Copyright Act 1994.
• You agree that some of the copyrighted information on this site or affiliated site has been obtained by Jack Yan & Associates for editorial use or press coverage.
• In some cases, we provide HTML code which allows visitors to link back or reference intellectual property on this site. Visitors may reasonably modify this HTML code to suit their websites provided the purpose of the original code remains. This is a non-exclusive licence to visitors which we can revoke at any time without prior notice.
• You agree not to attempt to learn, view, or modify the source code of any intellectual property on this or any affiliated site.
• You agree not to frame any page, part of a page, or any intellectual property at a Jack Yan & Associates site or affiliated site without the express permission of Jack Yan & Associates.
• Materials submitted to Jack Yan & Associates or any of its
related businesses that take the form of a press release or press information,
including brochures and other marketing communications’ material,
shall be deemed to have been cleared for reproduction by Jack
Yan & Associates or any of its businesses.
• In no event shall Jack Yan & Associates, its suppliers, contributors,
employees, offices, directors, dealers or distributors, be liable
for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special or
punitive damages, including damages from loss of business profits,
loss of savings, business interruption, loss of business information,
and the like, even if Jack Yan & Associates or its suppliers,
employees, offices, directors, dealers or distributors, have been
advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by
any other party, arising out of the use, inability to use, or
abuse of the information, editorial, advertising, products and
services on this and affiliated internet sites.
• With the exception of the below, our sites collect no personally identifying information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals. We do not collect data on a user’s health, genetic, biometric, ethnic, political views and sexual orientation.
• We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties. Among the parties we directly work with, we have taken care to choose ones that are as strict about your privacy as we are.
• We may place a “cookie” in the browser files of a user's computer. The cookie itself does not contain any personally identifying information although it could enable us to relate a user’s use of our sites to information that the user has specifically and knowingly provided to us. However, we have never used cookies in this way and are unlikely ever to do so.
• Only when given knowingly and expressly for such a purpose, a user’s personally identifying information may be used for editorial purposes.
• For the purposes of art. 26 (2) of Directive 95/46/EC, users located in the European Union or the European Economic Area may enter into a data-processing agreement that includes the standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission in order to further provide adequate safeguards with respect to the data processed under these terms and conditions. The data exporter is the user who knowingly provides personal data to Jack Yan & Associates, and the data importer is Jack Yan & Associates, which agrees to handle the data securely and in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
• We use Disqus for commenting on some of our sites, and this service is compliant with the EU’s GDPR.
• Businesses, including third-party advertising companies, whose plug-ins or code that we have used may introduce cookies, too. We do not read these cookies but they might. For instance, we use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our websites, and they may well deal with people we do not know ourselves. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services they believe are of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here, here or here. You can opt out of the advertising companies’ personalization at each of these links. There may be other opt-out links that we currently do not know of, and there may be advertising networks not covered by these opt-out systems.
• Aside from third parties as detailed above, Jack Yan & Associates collects no Google Analytics data, has no account with Google Analytics, and recommends that users opt out of collection if they so choose. This is one plug-in that you can use.
• The headings, titles, and subtitles do not form part of these terms and conditions.
• If, at any point, any part of this agreement is found to be unlawful or invalid, then only that part will be deemed stricken from this agreement and the remainder of the agreement stands in full force and effect.
• These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
• Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions or the breach thereof will be settled by arbitration or proceedings as chosen by Jack Yan & Associates and conducted in Wellington, New Zealand.
Copyright ©1994–2022 by Jack Yan & Associates. All rights reserved. Lucire, Autocade, and other JY&A product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of Jack Yan & Associates. All other trade names are the properties of their respective owners.